Below are explained the necessary steps how to create and manage a Promotion that will be subsequently set in the Promotions section within a hotel contract.
To create a New Promotion follow the step: Administration > Hotels > Promotions.
Entering this page, the list of promotions that have been already created will appear with the option to modify and/or delete them (operation possible only if it is not tied to any hotel contract).
Click on the "New Promotion" button at the bottom of the page to create the promotion to link with the hotel contract.
This page is divided into 3 sections:
The first section of Description:
- Name: insert the identification name of the promotion that will appear in the drop-down menu of the Promotions section within the anagraphic page of a contract, the languages are those indicated in the system
- Target: this field used to set which prices the promotion will be applied to: Net, Sale, Both
- Multiples: if this field is indicating YES, it means that the same promotion can be applied several times.
- Example: a 3 x 2 (stay 3 nights pay 2) becomes a 6 x 4 (stay 6 nights pay 4)
- Forced: if this field is set to YES, it means that the restrictions time of the promotion have to be completely respected
- Apply to - Extras: if this field is selected, the promotion will also apply to the prices of Extra beds and/or Cots
- From Suppliers: if this field is selected, the supplier can decide whether or not to apply the promotion via the Extranet.
In the part dedicated to Rules:
- Check-in day: set the day(s) of check-in for which the promotion will be activated. At least one check-in day needs to be flagged, otherwise all days will be considered valid for the promotion
- Reserved Days: the minimum number of nights required in order to activate the promotion (in numbers)
- Days before: the minimum number of days (in numbers) are required from the check-in date to ensure that the promotion is active (example: "Early Booking")
- Rooms: the type(s) of room in which the promotion will be applied. At least one room type needs to be flagged in order to the promotion to be activated.
Lastly, in the part dedicated to Actions:
Shown below some examples ($ paid nights, F free nights):
A stay of 7 nights with promo 3 x 2 multiplies, becoming a 6x4 which allows you to pay for 4 nights as established by the configuration of the promo. If the N-th night option is added the promo becomes:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
$ $ F $ $ F $
The free night will always be the last of the reserved days applied: in this case a promo with reserved days at 3 will be applied twice so the free nights are 3 and 6
a stay of 8 nights with a 6x4 promo and the N-th night
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
$ $ $ $ F F $ $
- Treatment: the fill-up of this field is optional. If it is set, the treatment inserted can be changed in the contract if the conditions of the promotion does not provide for it.